Sunday 6 April 2014

I LOVE MAKING NUT BUTTER!!!!!





Hello Faithful readers

So i made some almond butter, hazelnut butter (Which is SUPER YUM, who needs nutella now!) and Cashew butter.

These are all really simple and I'm sure they will totally BREAK your food processor unless you have a thermomix! I do not own a thermomix but i did go to my mother in laws to use hers to make these and i am so glad i did cause i know my processor would have totally broken :-)

Recipe is basically crush the nuts to powder then add some unprocessed honey then mix till it turns into butter, not very precise sorry but just depends on how much you want to make...

But if you like a recipe 

Almond butter
2 C Almonds
1 T  Raw Honey (optional)
1/2 t Sea Salt (optional)

Whazz Almonds first till powder then add honey and go go go till butter forms :-)

Hazelnut Butter
  • 2 cups raw hazelnuts (240g)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup unprocessed honey
  • 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
  • optional: 2 tsp coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup almond milk 
Roast hazelnuts for 6-8 minutes at 400 F. Rub them together in a paper towel to get the skins off. (It’s ok if a few stubborn skins won’t come off.) In a Vita-mix or food processor, blend the nuts until they’ve turned to butter, then add all other ingredients and blend a long time until it’s smooth like Nutella! (I think I blended off-and-on for a full two minutes. It’s extra-creamy in a Vita-mix, but a Cuisinart food processor works as well.) 
I Used a Thermomix its so yum! :-)
Cashew Butter
300g raw cashews 
1 tablespoon (20g) coconut oil
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 5g unprocessed honey 
Spread cashews out on a tray lined with baking paper and roast cashews in the oven at 180°C for 10 mins. Keep an eye on them as they brown very quickly. Chop in the Thermomix for 4 sec on speed 6. Add oil, salt and honey. Mix on speed 6 for 4 – 4 ½ minutes stopping to scrap down sides ever 30 seconds. 
I found the longer I did it for, the softer and more spreadable consistency it became.  
Store in a jar. 
ENJOY Guys these are SUPER YUMMY!!
God Bless Y'all



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would Love to hear from all of my readers please comment and join me on my journey :)