Friday 14 March 2014

Lost my way

Hi there faithful readers

I had so much joy when i started my blog, i was loving every minute of writing on here, i really had energy and zeal and my blog felt alive!

Sad to say but i realise that it has become lifeless,
boring, 
same ol same ol 
and altogether just not at all what i intended it to be.

I also know why...

Simply put, its because i lost my way...

I started this blog for me, i wanted it to be an outlet for me to record my journey of life,and to be able to look back on it in 2, 3, 4 or even 20 years time and enjoy it all over again.
If what i wrote could help anyone along the way then that was great and a huge bonus for me, i wanted this to be a place where i could come to unwind, to share my stories about all that is me and my life and my family and my journey.

Sad thing is that instead  of all that it became a burden, a burden because it became a place where i wrote about a subject that i am no expert in, a subject that weighs me down, a subject that is absolutely lovely to share and to write about but instead of just being that this very subject became the b all and end all of what i was writing about and it swallowed up my blog...
A weight loss battle, a tiresome, energy sucking, and downright depressing thing that i fight day by day, this place, my place of rest and solitude and reflection became a place where i was trying to do what i could to help people in an area that i am not entirely winning myself, for me this became a discouraging place to be because all i did was talk about how i was winning and then how i was losing and it became really boring and really dead...

Aside from that battle I can't really explain what my blog became, because there was much more behind just the fact that i kept talking tirelessly about the same thing and in the same way, 
there was also an element of "maybe i can use it to make money being a stay at home mom" that really stole the joy out of it fast...
Anyway i can't really explain what it became all i know is it became something i didn't like or enjoy anymore and that is going to change!

This blog is no longer going to be about striving to please others, or to attract others, or to outdo others, this blog is going back to basics, it is going back to being about my journey of life, all that i am doing, achieving, not achieving, and just a space where i can come to relax, to chat, to record life's in's and outs and a place where i can just be me...

Im sorry to me and to you all for getting caught up in people pleasing, over achieving,and who knows what else, just for not making this what i started it for and for enjoying the ride.
However i am thankful that i picked it up and i am looking forward to the Journey ahead.

Jesus is my cornerstone, the rock on which i stand and i am grateful to Him for His presence, His guidance and His direction in my life.

God Bless Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would Love to hear from all of my readers please comment and join me on my journey :)